Where to document debugging/support records?

I just had a hell of a time verifying that I had indeed recorded notes about a support process I went through. Turns out just having it as a closed issue wasn’t adequate. I wasn’t finding it with searching and only found it again after finding a reference to the issue in an email.

It’s not public, but for reference the issue is https://gitlab.com/snowdrift/ops/issues/53

It’s one thing that the details are documented, but also going through it describes how one can access the DB and check on the status of partially-registered users. That seems like something worth having docs about separate from the specifics of the case.

I added a “support” tag for the ops repo at least.

Any other thoughts about how to organize/document this sort of thing?

Maybe add a “website” subdirectory to the ops docs, with the sections describing how to access the DB and check on the status of partially-registered users.

1 Appreciation

Thanks, made a first draft file under “main-site” directory. Anyone with access who wants to review the file is welcome. I’m sure there’s room for improvement, but now we have at least a clear place for such documentation.