- Make a tag group for “events” [DONE]
- Make tags within that as needed
- started with “portland” and “online_meeting”
- Tell users to watch any tag for areas they are interested in
- Make a subcategory in announcements for “events”
- Announce local meetups there, conferences Snowdrift folks will be at etc. using appropriate local tags
Benefits over CiviCRM: Anyone can see event listings even if they aren’t located in a region but might just be visiting etc.
Example: Here in Portland this weekend, CLS and OSCON next week (note: free Expo Plus pass with code
EXPOFREE), I’d like to announce this to the old Portland email list while also inviting people to the forum and telling them how to continue staying connected in that way after we shut down mailman.