Update our strategy (wiki page)?

Snowdrift Wiki - Strategy was written a while ago from one of many business-strategy templates (this case from Mozilla’s now-defunct startup incubator).

I’ve always had mixed feelings about all that sort of business, but it’s not crazy. Here’s another framing I found we could consider when updating:

1. What are you trying to do? Articulate your objectives using absolutely no jargon. What is the problem? Why is it hard?

2. How is it done today, and what are the limits of current practice?

3. What’s new in your approach and why do you think it will be successful?

4. Who cares?

5. If you’re successful, what difference will it make? What impact will success have? How will it be measured?

6. What are the risks and the payoffs?

7. How much will it cost?

8. How long will it take?

9. What are the midterm and final “exams” to check for success? How will progress be measured?

1 Appreciation

Definitely a good read! Be careful about cutting out important bits, multiple framings would probably be my preference.

Bumping this and moving to #clear-the-path:project-management

Meta comment is: the #feedback-support:wiki category should be for specific discussion about what goes where and particular wordings or whatever about writing the wiki pages. It makes sense to keep more general topics in appropriate categories, even when the place we document the topic happens to be on the wiki.

Any thoughts on that strategy page?