Remote coworking weekly routine

In meeting today, we discussed coworking more and decided on a first trial schedule of having a concrete plan to cowork on Mondays and Wednesday 1PM-2PM Pacific time (that’s 2PM Mountain time and 4PM Eastern — the two time zones of others in the chat, but anyone else is welcome).

We’ll connect via https://meet.jit.si/snowdrift

We may or may not directly collaborate. It might be just everyone doing their own tasks, just working together with some communication, accountability, and mutual support.

We’ll try that next week and adapt our plans as we go.

Adding on to this, I’d like to encourage everyone who can make it to show up, even if you’re not planning on working on Snowdrift.coop stuff. For example, maybe @Salt has a bunch of papers to grade, due soon — he can still join the call, say hi, mute/deafen himself, and then grade his papers while the others of us work on Snowdrift (or not, as the case may be).

The main point is to create some social support and motivation / feeling of community to support the people who do have time to work on Snowdrift (but are maybe lacking motivation or focus).

@wolftune I like this remote coworking idea very much! For me the time it happens is 11pm though, so I’ll probably participate less than I’d like.

I can do some coworking at an earlier time as well, depending on the day. The initial times where just set as something to try for now. Doing one of them earlier or adding a third time at an earlier hour could be fine…