I already did an initial draft-level update to the page which previously was just a disorganized single-level bullet list. But the key items from the meeting were:
- Organize by phases (ideally by time-frame such as quarters)
- Within each phase, organize the proposed work by a reliable set of categories
- The roadmap should state the broad concepts but more concretely than vague terms like “solidify”
- It should link to actionable milestones and issues in GitLab but does not need to map to those exactly
- We should specifically mark which items are launch-critical
- The roadmap should be written for use by many parties: the team organizing our work, the Board and outside advisors like OSI reviewing and holding us accountable, and the broader community seeing our progress or volunteering to help
Everyone appreciated the simple clarity of the status-page mockups. We just have one request for that page: it should link directly to the planning roadmap. How should that be added?
We have an explicit request for design input on how to format the roadmap most effectively. Once that’s settled, we can get to working out the content.