Missing reaction: (deep) gratitude

On two posts now — Snowdrift Video - finally and Meetings notes format followup & metrics proposal — I’ve wished for a reaction to express gratitude.

Nominally, that’s what “:+1: Appreciate” is for, but it doesn’t feel strong enough:

• It’s the primary option (used a lot, often just to acknowledge).
  • The :+1: emoji feels too glib for the sentiment I’d like to express.

I’m not quite sure how I’d like to address this.

• In a void, I’d like to react with “:heart: Appreciate”, but of course that’s taken.
    • Brainstorm of alternatives: “Thank you”, “Gratitude”, “Love”, …
  • “\o/ Yay” felt okay at expressing strength of emotion in the video post.
    Maybe it would be enough to use a more expressive emoji. Ex: Mimi or Eunice with arms outstretched, somewhere between a hurrah and a hug.

I definitely think that “\o/ Yay” is the correct reaction for what you are talking about expressing and also agree that a better emoji would help, specifically a Mimi or Eunice one.

A post was merged into an existing topic: “yay” vs “hooray” reaction

Another post I’ve wished for a :heart: Crowdmatching implementations, charging up-front?

2 posts were split to a new topic: “yay” vs “hooray” reaction

Another: Brainstorm help on defining full working team structure

In this case, I used the share > invite feature to ask @photm to chime in on the post (found in @wolftune’s backlog). He did, and it was helpful, but the issue isn’t resolved, so @Salt it doesn’t feel right to react with :hooray: (and, as before, just :+1: feels too weak).

Looking over the governance roles, the closest related role is Moderation, held by @Salt. There are no domains for the forum, but I think that’s more attributable to incomplete docs than reality. So, while technically I could just go and implement it, instead I will propose:

@Salt — I’d like to add a new reaction, :heart: :thank_you:

2 Appreciations

I am pro having a heart back and like that it is separate than sympathies!

2 Appreciations

Added it back! As a niggle, this changes the layout to

:hooray: :haha: :changed_my_mind:
:tldr: :skeptical: :sympathies:
:thank_you:

This is kind of annoying; I’d prefer it were 2:3:2 (with :changed_my_mind: moved to the bottom). However, I think there’s a good chance we’ll find one more reaction worth adding in the future, so I am not going to worry about it for now. It’s something we could add as a feature request on the retort plugin.

@smichel17 Thanks! Did you also update our pinned posts that describe the reaction options?

Did it around 20 minutes ago… you need to do a hard refresh for it to show up

Not yet Yes

2 Appreciations