Hello from Sam in Georgia, USA

Hi all,

My name is Sam and I’m a software developer from Atlanta, GA USA. I have been involved in a number of co-ops in the past and have two co-ops of my own that I’ve been trying (unsuccessfully) to start for a number of years.

I am also heavily involved in open source and open standards development (with the XMPP Standards Foundation and, to a lesser extent, the IETF). I’m looking forward to Snowdrift both for its utility to open source projects and for its use in helping the co-op economy.

I’m looking forward to helping in any way that I can.

—Sam

6 Appreciations

Welcome!

Well, co-op founding and software development are two ways it sounds like worth exploring among others. What sort of development do you have experience with? Front-end, back-end, what frameworks?

In addition to the forum, we have regular discussion on Matrix/IRC.

We want to update it soon but Snowdrift Wiki - How to Help Snowdrift.coop Succeed has some description of different areas of involvement.

Cheers!

My career has been entirely in backend development, mostly vaguely web or realtime communication focused. I’m afraid to say that I don’t do any Haskell though, so I won’t be much use to snowdrift on that front.

I don’t hang out on IRC as often as I used to, but I’ll definitely try to pop in on occasion. And thanks for the link, I’ll read over it!

2 Appreciations

Welcome Sam, glad you found your way here! Things are simmering on the co-op front, but I’m sure that conversation will bubble up soon.

Hi Sam!

Hello and welcome from Germany. Looking forward to see you around! :smile: