Building consensus on crowdmatching options for a single goal

You’re not explicitly proposing it but: I think having a single mechanism is important. Different ways to treat projects add complexity and tensions.

2 Appreciations

I agree. Every project has the right to ask for different pledge options then the default. We might need rules for accepting it, to be totally fair, but it might be very individual.

Maybe practice shows that many Custom values on projects prefer one particular amount, like 3$, then i’m open to add it to the default.

Like said, my goal is to make it simple for patrons to understand the pledging and having roughly the same options across projects is important for that.

I also want to prevent that a project choose settings that give them less funding in the end than our defaults! They might claim our platform don’t work, even tho it’s their own fault.

So our goal as a platform should still be:

• All projects should have roughly the same pledge levels
Do you agree?
  • yes
  • no
0 voters

It don’t has to be part of the mechanism. We could even just let the projects set it within limitations in the backend, but show an explanation/warning that we think our defaults should give good results in most cases. Also document in what cases other options make sense.

So i generally agree with

• Projects should be able to choose their suggested levels

but we have to discuss how that looks like in practice. There has to be limitations!

Given our interest in eventually funding a wide range of public goods, even outside of software, I’m just not ready to say that all project pledge levels should be the same. Projects are so different and so are patrons.

2 Appreciations

A post was merged into an existing topic: Patron based proposal for mechanism 1.1 (instead of $-based goals)