Add limit UI element to the illustration?

@msiep do you think think the illustration is better with the UI element and some representative default “actual” limit value?

@mray yes, particularly because the +/- helps to show that you’re in control of your limit.

I’d like to change the text “Puts a cap on your participation” which sounds too much like “stops you participating as much as you wish you could” to this:

You never donate more
than you intended to

On the wording, I’m quite happy with the final video script:

The system will check with you and won’t keep you in the crowd if you don’t want to continue.

It’s a bit long to read and was designed for the video timing and the friendly audio context, but the core points it captures: (A) that this is a failsafe point where you will opt-in to any higher levels and (B) leaving the crowd isn’t an intended part of crowdmatching, it’s just the way you maintain control.

Side-note: the Eunice character does a great job of capturing the sense of the patron making the decision.

For this graphic I think “You never donate more than you intended to” is better. “The system will check with you…” is not only too long for this context but it doesn’t actually capture the key point of the limit which is that no involvement by the patron is necessary to avoid being charged more than they intended. “The system will check with you” makes it sound like you’ll have to engage in an interaction and make a decision. I think that wording is good for the video, but it’s a higher level of description that encompasses not only the limit but the “close to limit” emails etc.

The text to replace is “YOUR LIMIT → PUTS A CAP ON PARTICIPATION”, the supposed change would not connect to the first part.

There is a similar connection to the wording in the Illustration above: “MORE PATRONS → MORE MONEY PER PATRON

I also wanted to keep that text reeeeeeally short. Properly phrased text should go into the short paragraphs inbetween the two illustrations obviously.

“YOUR LIMIT → PUTS A CAP ON YOUR PARTICIPATION”
and
“YOUR LIMIT → NEVER DONATE MORE THAN YOU INTEND”
or even
“YOUR LIMIT → NEVER DONATE MORE THAN INTENDED”

are similar lengths, if you’re looking for a shorter version of what @msiep proposed.

edit: added “YOUR LIMIT ->” prefix for clarity on what I meant

@mray, @smichel17 how about:

YOUR LIMIT -> KEEPS YOU IN CONTROL

4 Appreciations

I like that one a lot. It also avoids using the word ‘never’. They may end up contributing more than they intended to snowdrift, as many have, but it will be their decision.:wink:

1 Appreciation

I like that, too:

1 Appreciation

@mray, @CANAWEN great - let’s go with that!